Friday, January 25, 2013

Welcome to Stack Of Shame!

If you are not aware of what a stack of shame is, a quick Google search will clue you in.

Now that is out of the way, time for introductions...

Hi, my name is Kreg, and I have a Stack of Shame.
I am not particularly proud of this, nor am I regretful.
How bad is it? Bad. I don't know solid numbers, but in my Steam account alone I have 200 games, the vast majority I have never played. DAMN YOU STEAM SALES!
How did it start? Well... I have been a fan of video games since a very young age. Games of all genres and styles, new and old. When I was young it was different. I could only afford a few games a year, so I played what I had, rented or borrowed. Now that I am an adult, with disposable income, and weakness for cheap games, my collection exploded. I have been much better that last few months, but before that I could not stop myself from buying games while they were on sale. Now that is a key point to make, most of the games in my SoS were had for less the 5 bucks, which makes it hard to feel bad about acquiring them. What I do feel bad about is never getting around to playing them. These are not crappy games, many are triple A titles, but when you pay next to nothing for it and throw it on the shelf it is easy to never actually pop it in.
This is the reason I am starting this blog.
I am going to try motivating myself to get through my Stack of Shame by writing about it, and maybe others will get some kind of sick pleasure from watching the process.
So, in the words of Mario...
"Here We Go!"
-K


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Chris.
      I will need the support of friends and family to get me through this.

      Delete